Monday, December 28, 2009

My Current 'ME' project!

I always feel the need to nest in the winter....and with the several layers of snow we have, no time like the present to work on a crafty project that doesn't get pushed to etsy! I just taught myself to knit a couple of years ago, and have many, many scarves to show for it....along with several unfinished projects...that we won't talk about here...lol.

My project this winter is to knit and crochet a throw for our living room, once we actually get our sofa, and get the living room situated. Which, at the current rate, may not happen until next winter...but, ya know, at least i have awhile to work on my throw!

My project is to knit several 'scarves' and then crochet them all together, making stripes from different textures of yarn. Once that is done, I plan on sending some left over yarn to my friend Jennifer at Iwunder to make some fabulous flowers for one corner of the throw....

I cannot wait to see my finished throw...but for now, you all will just have to see pics along the way. I don't have one yet of the progress, but, we will see what the next post brings....

In the meantime, please check out Jennifer's shop, and my other friend Celeste, who recently added Luxury Throws to her etsy shop CricketsCreations

Hope you find a nice cozy project to settle in with this winter....it's important when your hobby becomes a business, that you still find a hobby to balance that creativity out with!

2 comments:

Veelana said...

That sounds like a great project! My winter project (starting today) will be to make myself a creative space in our apartment :-)

Thanks for the carrot cake recipe - a friend of me is vegan and I bet shed löove it if I invited her over and made some cake for her :-)

Nora said...

LOVE THIS POST.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails